Tuesday, December 15, 2009

First Dumpster Painting



Green Dumpster
oil on panel
17" x 14"
2002
Collection of the City of Seattle

This is my first painting of a dumpster. It was included in a show I did in 2002, the theme of the show was the color green in our city. And Seattle was and still is very green. I never got back around to painting any more Dumpsters again until 2007. There are times when I think it's a good idea to choose a unifying theme to work with on a body of work; in this case it led me to the dumpster as a subject. But there are times when I feel like I fall short on subjects executed under a theme and instead would rather just paint whatever feels good to paint. That will be the "Feel Good Show."

2 comments:

IsiahGoods said...

要保持更新呦,加油!!!期待你的新文章!!! .........................................

Land Source Container Service Inc. said...

I like it a lot! Very nice post.

-Land Source Container Service, Inc.
Dumpster Rental NYC